Monday, November 26, 2007

The beginning of this Desktop Dude's Blog

I figured I'd start documenting some of my daily or weekly experience on fixing mostly Windows PC and some Mac OSX issues. I'll also see where this leads to. I figured this could be something continuous regardless of where I'm working, if its on a personal computer, a work machine, or a client's server during my off hours. Hopefully this will eventually build to something bigger and useful for many others. At worse, its my own tech diary of how-to fix things that worked for me in the past and that I can always refer to.

-DD

1 comment:

ConcernedITpro said...

Humble beginnings perhaps, but don't underestimate the value of what you are sharing. I've been an MCSE for over 10 years and worked with computers in general for about 20. Due to Microsoft's terrible search algorithms at TechNet, I usually will Google my vexing issues first; your blog came up on the second page of results for a problem I'd been having and your fix nailed it (the Dell Opti 755 BartPE BSOD). Would I have figured this out on my own? Certainly, but I'm not crazy about mucking around with desktop issues anymore and your blog saved me hours of troubleshooting.

Thanks for sharing!